An update on what's happening at Messina with regards to COVID 19 (updated 23 March)
As a takeaway based business, the majority of our stores are remaining open at present. However some new rules and regulations will apply and we ask that everyone abides by these to ensure the safety of our staff and customers.
- PLEASE PRACTICE SENSIBLE SOCIAL DISTANCING IN STORE. We are currently only serving 2-3 customers at any one time (depending on the size of the store) to maintain appropriate social distancing. Please only enter store once staff members become available for service.
- We are now strictly takeaway only - In-store seating is no longer available (please make your purchase and move outside).
- We are no longer offering samples/taste testers for obvious reasons.
- Napkins are no longer available on front counter - please ask staff should you require and they will provide.
If we follow some simple rules, we will potentially remain open, our staff stay employed and our customers keep getting yummy gelato - win win win!
Just a friendly reminder -
- 99% of our products are produced from raw materials in our highly regulated factory in Rosebery. Even before COVID-19 was a thing, our compliance requirements are such that we maintain extremely high levels of hygiene and cleanliness. To be safe, we’ve reviewed these and already stepped them up to the next level where required.
- All of our stores have also implemented extra hygiene and sanitisation practices, and have implemented ways to ensure that customer service is almost entirely ‘contactless’. Please avoid cash payments if possible. Pay by the Messina App and you don’t even need to tap your card! As of today, we've doubled the amount of loyalty points you'll receive as a small thank you for supporting us.
- Stores are still open, and we encourage you to come get your fix. We are obviously encouraging customers to steer clear of stores if you are feeling unwell.
- Don’t forget, home delivery is available via Deliveroo which means you don’t even need to leave your couch!
- Order and collect in store is also available via Deliveroo now.
We genuinely appreciate you helping us uphold a high level of hygiene, cleanliness and practicing social distancing when you visit.
Stay safe and make sure you’re washing your hands…