OUR BRUNSWICK EAST STORE NOW OFFERS FREE MEALS FOR THOSE IN NEED FROM FARESHARE
FareShare is a community-driven charity that cooks 10,000 free, nutritious meals every day in its Abbotsford kitchen for people doing it tough. We're delighted to be able to help by providing our East Brunswick warehouse as a weekly meal pick up zone, from Thursday 28th May, ongoingly.
During COVID-19 we know how much every industry, and particularly the hospitality industry has been affected. There’s been a huge influx of hospitality staff out of work and international students being stranded in Australia with no income or support from the Australian government. Our friend and powerhouse Dani Valent has been campaigning for better rights for hospitality workers throughout the pandemic – not only has she done some amazing work lobbying the government, she has also connected us with FareShare to see if we could help out in any way.
FareShare has responded to the pandemic by doubling the number of free meals to nourish people in need. They have also on-boarded more than 100 Melbourne chefs who have been stood down during the pandemic with support from Woolworths and the Victorian Government. The FareShare menu includes delicious, chef-cooked meals such as wholesome casseroles, curries and soups full of vegetables and protein.
For anyone who needed it, you can now reserve and collect meals from our East Brunswick warehouse. If you would like to redeem a meal, or know someone who does, we’ll be offering weekly collections on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays, 4-8pm.
HOW TO REDEEM A FREE MEAL
- RESERVE online collection any day between 4-8pm Mon - Fri and 2pm - 8pm Saturday & Sunday
- Select you preferred meal (there’s a choice between vegetarian or meat based meals) and preferred pick up time
- There’s a nominal value of $1 applied, but add the code FARE at checkout and you will not be charged for the meal. You will need a card to process the transaction but you will not be charged.
- When it’s time to collect your meal, head to our East Brunswick warehouse – 136 Weston Street, Brunswick East 3057 and look for the FareShare signage where someone will assist you.
- Please feel free to order a few meals for collection which could be used throughout the week. They can be kept frozen until you're ready to eat.
- PLEASE NOTE - the meals are frozen and will require heating at home. Each meal is designed to serve up to 3 people when paired with rice, pasta or your choice of carbohydrate
- Please try and stick to your chosen collection time so we can make sure we are adhering to social distancing rules
- If you or someone you know doesn't have access to the internet to reserve the meals, you can also call us on 0492 308 553 and request meals to be put aside for you. Please phone between store opening hours so we can make sure someone is there to take your call.
Special thanks to the guys at Bopple for kindly helping us with the ordering system so people can pre-order their meals.\