At Messina HQ we make everything from scratch. Each flavour of gelato has it’s own unique recipe and every addition is produced and baked in house by our team of pastry chefs.
Our Anzac biscuits are no exception. The simple golden biscuits made of oats, coconut, butter and oozy golden syrup are hand mixed, baked until the perfect crunch has been reached and smashed up into clusters, all before they are added to our golden syrup and coconut gelato.
Watch our 6th additions video in the series (below), to see our baked Anzac biscuits in action and if you’re in a DIY mood, check out our super easy and super forgiving biscuit recipe, below.
Our once a year ANZAC BISCUIT gelato special will be in all stores on the 25th April, for one week.
MESSINA’S ANZAC BISCUIT RECIPE
180g rolled oats
300g plain flour
300g caster sugar
120g desiccated coconut
60g golden syrup
14g bi carb
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oats, plain flour, sugar and coconut – stir until combined.
- Melt your butter over a low heat in a saucepan. Once melted add the golden syrup and slightly raise the heat, until combined.
- Whisk in the bi carb, until it has dissolved.
- Spoon a ball of mixture onto the tray and flatten into a round shape, until you have used all of the dough.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.