Join us at a global bake sale this Saturday to raise money for the Australian Red Cross
Plans this weekend? Joining us a Messina HQ this weekend are some of Australia's pastry legends, who will be bringing you Desserts 4 Difference: a global bake sale raising money for Australia's bushfire relief. Fundraising events have been organised all over the world, and will be opening up this Saturday (8th February).
For the Sydney event, we've got a killer line up here at Rosebery HQ. Here's what's on the menu:
- Andy Bowdy (from Saga and Saga Lyte) - meatballs subs with parmesan custard and Sonoma rolls
- Port Macquarie's Urban Grain Bakery - Reuben and wagyu pastrami brisket pie with sauerkraut, pickles a provolone cheese sauce
- Yves Scherrer (from Madame & Yves) - Ferrero croissant, Valrhona milk chocolate and hazelnut
- Adriano Zumbo -mini V8 mini's are making a return in limited quantities
- Textbook Patisserie - Milawa brie and prosciutto croissant with Pepe Saya butter
- Stix Catering - Cocoa Barry Ghana milk chocolate mousse, yuzu and black sesame
- Sonoma - Lamingtons
- Tom Mitchell (our very own Messina Head Chef) - Milk bun, milo gelato, hazelnut ganache, caramelised crunchy-nut cornflakes
The event will run from 10am–3pm (or until sold out) and 100 percent of the proceeds will go toward the Australian Red Cross. There's only 80 portions of each available, so come early. And hungry.
Can't make it? You can also donate directly on the Desserts 4 Difference website.